- 8 oz gingernut cookies, crushed
- 4 oz butter, melted
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 28 oz condensed milk (2 tins)
- 1 cup lemon juice
- Place the cookies in a ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to crush them. Do not crush them too finely, as that will make the base too hard.
- Transfer the cookies to a medium sized mixing bowl and add the melted butter. Mix well until combined. Spread the crumbs across the base of a 9” spring form pan and press down firmly, using either hand or the base of a glass cup.
- In a separate bowl, beat 1 tin of condensed milk and cream cheese until smooth.
- And the second tin of condensed milk and lemon juice and beat until mixed.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture on top of your cookie base.
- Place in refrigerator overnight, or until set. The cheesecake needs about 8 hours to set completely.